More room to write code
Let’s face it, writing more than a few lines of code inside of Retool isn’t usually a great experience: code inputs are small, there aren’t any line numbers, and the text wrapping can be aggressive. This week, we’re excited to ship a new movable, resizable editor window that can be popped out from any code input. Whether you’re writing a custom component, editing JSON for a Chart component, or writing a long SQL query—it’s finally much nicer to write multiline code in Retool.
We’re working to bring even more code editing improvements to Retool, so drop us a note at email@example.com and let us know what you’d like to see next.
Fixes and improvements
- Added 20+ app edit descriptions for the history tab in "Releases and history"
- Added the ability to automatically format JS queries
- Fixed the distanceMatrix endpoint for the Google Maps integration
- Added the ability to set a custom content-type on a S3 upload query
- Added a permission group setting to grant non-admins access to the audit log
- Fixed undo/redo when renaming components
- Added a setting to restrict which user groups can run a query in a query's "Advanced" tab
- Added the ability to browse MongoDB collection schemas in the query editor
- Added more defaults to MongoDB fields in the query editor
- Added support for the insertMany action type for MongoDB queries
- Fixed the button column type for the Table component to correctly evaluate references to other components and queries when setting the "disabled" field
- Added text color settings to the Rich Text Editor component
- Added support for the style attribute in Text component content
- Fixed a rare edge case with custom auth flows
- Fixed alignment of profile photos in permissions settings
- Added a button in the “Advanced” tab to verify GitHub repo setup for protected apps
- Added the ability to set a name when creating protected branches
- Added links to GitHub commits in “Releases and history” for protected apps
- Added the ability to turn on protected apps from the settings page
- Added support for setting the client ID and secret for JIRA resources
Check out this guide to see the on-prem versions and their release notes.